Limited stores at Lifestyle Centre will commence trading on Friday, 16 July 2021, to provide food and essential services to the greater Ballito community.
The following stores will be open from 09h00 to 16h00:
East Coast Pharmacy
Dis-Chem will be open from 09h00 to 15h00.
Woolworths Foodmarket will be open from 09h30 to 15h00.
Please understand that all Ballito retailers have agreed to put restrictions in place to ensure, first and foremost, the security of the town, as well as the equitable distribution of food and essentials amongst the community. For this reason:
- Vehicle and pedestrian access will be controlled at town entry points for residents of the Greater Ballito area only
- Vehicle and pedestrian access will be controlled as follows:
- Vehicles will only be able to access Lifestyle Centre from one entry point, being the entrance at Nandos.
- 200 vehicles will be permitted into the centre parking at any one time and will need to queue thereafter. Access will then be controlled in a 1 in – 1 out manner.
- 1 occupant per vehicle only will be permitted entry, unless the passenger is a senior citizen or disabled
- Pedestrians may access the centre via one entry point only, being the pedestrian gate on Ballito Drive.
- 200 pedestrians will be permitted access at any one time and will need to queue thereafter. Access will then be controlled in a 1 in – 1 out manner.
- This will ensure an equitable split between vehicles and pedestrians.
- Shopper numbers will be controlled at individual store entry points, depending on each store, thereafter 1 in – 1 out.
- There will be a limit of 20 items per customer per store.
Customers are to please take careful note of the following:
- There will be heavy security presence. Main access points to Ballito / Salt Rock will be CLOSED should the centres and retailers be over-burdened or should any security threat be determined.
- Residents are expected to behave in an orderly and considerate fashion.
- Queues will be managed towards closing times both at the centre access points and at the individual shops; dependent on the length of queues, no further customers may be permitted to join the queue to prevent conflict or disappointment.
- Lifestyle Centre retains the right to decide to close if the safety and security of staff and customers is compromised in any way.
We owe an inestimable debt of thanks for the efforts of KDM Traffic, SAPS, IPSS, Marshall Security, Chapman Security, Duma Security, the UIP, the Ballito and Salt Rock Neighbourhood Watch, the Dolphin Coast Taxi Association, DOCRRA, the KDM Residents Forum and the hundreds of volunteers who have given freely of their time and energy to protect our town, our community and our livelihoods.
A community outreach programme is being worked on by the various centres and retailers in Ballito and Salt Rock for the surrounding townships to assist these communities.